Andrographis paniculata is an erect annual herb extremely bitter in taste in all parts of the plant body. The plant is known in north-eastern India as Maha-tita, literally “king of bitters”, and known by various vernacular names (see the table below). As an Ayurveda herb it is known as Kalmegh or Kalamegha, meaning “dark cloud”. It is also known as Bhui-neem, meaning “neem of the ground”, since the plant, though being a small annual herb, has a similar strong bitter taste as that of the large Neem tree (Azadirachta indica)
It has Many medicinal remedies such as
1. Chronic fever : Take Kalmegh panchang(all parts of plant), clean and dry in shade. Make decoction by boiling 3-4 gm of it in water. Drink this solution twice a day after mixing misri (crystallized sugar )
2. Liver related problems & Infection in intestine : Take leaves of Kalmegh (1 gm), Bhumi amla (1-2 gm powder), mulethi (2 gm) in 200 ml water. Boil till water reduces to 50 ml. Then filter and drink.
3. Chronic constipation, Indigestion, abdominal gas & Stomach worms : Take amla powder (2 gm), kalmegh (2 gm), mulethi(2 gm) and make solution by boiling in 400 ml water till water reduces to 100 ml. Filter and drink.
The Solution above also helps in Diabetes, Kidney problems and loose motions.
4. Diarrhea, gas and low appetite in children : Take leaves of kalmegh and cook in water till it thickens. Then add jaggery. When it cools down make small pills. Give these pills to children in diarrhea, gas and liver related problems. Skin problems Soak amla (2 gm) and kalmegh (3 gm) in a glass of water at night. Next morning filter and drink.
5. Women’s Health & Beauty herb : Take 2 -3 kalmegh tip and mix some amla in this and keep it dipped in water overnight in a mud bowl . Drink this solution in the morning by mixing it all to get beautiful glow on face, remove pimples, acne dark spots, wrinkles, blemishes and even cure white discharge or any kinds of other allergies.