Raw Turmeric(Kacchi haldi) :- This golden vegetable is abundantly seen in markets during winter season in India.
Nature is such a magician that every single food item that is found in abundance in a particular season has numerous benefits for your health.
Winters are known to aggravate even smallest of the health issues be it a simple wound or typical bone health issues as RA Rheumatoid Arthritis, this is when and why this golden root comes to rescue.
Indians and their love affair with Haldi needs no introduction. We see it in our curries and daals, infusing the vibrant yellow tinge to the dullest dish. Turmeric is every Indian household’s go-to fix for a variety of health problems.
Ayurveda’s favourite, Haldi has earned itself a name for a long list of antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties. While most of us are well aware of its powdered form and use it extensively in daily cooking, not many know that the root itself, in its most crude form, is packed with several benefits too.
Here are 9 hard-to-ignore benefits of raw turmeric or kacchi haldi that would convince you add this golden root to your daily diet.
1. Boosts Digestion
2. Provides relief from a host of tummy problems eg. Stomach ulcers, IBS, heartburn, indigestion etc.
3. Anti-inflammatory properties helps in relieving symptoms of RA & osteoporosis.
4. Good for your skin.
5. Excellent antiseptic, perfect ointment for wounds n cuts.
6. Pain removal, helps in relieving pain when taken with warm milk.
7. Acts as blood purifier, studies show that turmeric have blood purifying properties even found to be helpful in blood clots.
8. Maintains blood sugar problem, it’s proved that eating raw turmeric helps in regulating blood sugar levels.
Haldi takes special place in every Indian kitchen & so should everyone. 😊